Join us this Saturday, April 8, from 9-10am for a morning retreat of sitting and walking meditation at the Butterfly Garden behind the Catahoula Ranger Station on Hwy 8 in Bentley. Free to attend. Bring a yoga mat, picnic blanket, or any support you need for sitting meditation outside on the grass.
Directions: From Pineville Expressway head north on US 167 toward Dry Prong/Ruston. In Bentley turn right on Hwy 8. About 1.5 miles turn right at the Catahoula Ranger District Office. The Butterfly Garden will be on your right. There is a grassy parking area.
You are invited to experience an afternoon of our longer 4 day retreat this Saturday, January 14, at South Toledo Bend State Park from 1-5pm. Plan to arrive by 1pm and bring your own meditation cushion. There is no fee, but a suggested donation of $10 is appreciated. We do ask that you message us on Facebook or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you plan to come out.
South Toledo Bend State Park
120 Bald Eagle, Anacoco, LA 71403
Retreat meeting at Cabin #8.
January 12-15, 2017
South Toledo Bend State Park
Registration is live for our 4th Annual Meditation Retreat on beautiful South Toledo Bend State Park in Anacoco, La. This will be our first 3 day retreat almost one month from now.
This retreat will include meditations in sitting, walking, chanting, tea, journaling, and nature.
This meditation retreat is limited to those who meet at least two of the three criteria:
1) Prior retreat experience, preferably with Cenla Meditation or similar Sangha.
2) Regular personal meditation practice.
3) Active participant in meditation group
Meal assignments are required in addition to the cost of registration. Due to the limited space available and short notice all registrations will be non-refundable.
Registration is limited to a small number of participants. Please register soon to reserve a spot. Message with any questions.
Register at Eventbrite.com.
Save the date for our second One-Day Yoga & Meditation Retreat on Saturday, July 16, 2016 at beautiful Bayou Chicot State Park in Ville Platte, Louisiana. Go to the Retreat Page for more information or go to Eventbrite.com to register now.
From I-49, turn south on Hwy 106 toward St. Landry. Just past St. Landry you will see a CLECO power station on your left. Turn left on the next road on the left which is Spillway Rd. and the entrance to the boat landing and Conference/Meeting Room facility. It is about 1.5 miles down a gravel road. The facility is at the very end of the road. Please note it is on the north side of the lake. It is not in the main campground/arboretum area on the south side of the lake. If you have trouble finding the facility, call Lyndon at (318)229-3811.
What to Bring:
- A Yoga Mat and any props that you like to use
- Please wear comfortable, loose clothes and dress in layers, depending on the weather. We will try to keep a pleasantly warm room.
- We should have enough meditation cushions for everyone registered, but if you like to sit with any particular style of cushion or chair, please bring them. There are only hard chairs in the facility for alternatives.
- Journal or notebook and pen or pencil for a journaling practice
- Hot water, tea, and water provided. If we all brought a mug, that would cut down on paper waste.
- Finally, a vegetarian lunch will be provided. Some have offered to bring a dish to share. You are welcome to bring something to share also, but it is not required. Please email us at email@example.com if you plan to bring food.
If you know of someone interested in attending that is not already registered, there are only a few spaces remaining. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know they want to come. they can pay via PayPal or bring money the day of the retreat.
It’s going to be a great day! We are excited that you are coming and hope that is a wonderful experience for everyone. See you soon!
Open Your Heart
Yoga & Meditation
Bayou Chicot State Park
Ville Platte, Louisiana
Saturday, February 13, 2016
9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Kundalini Yoga with Bill Savage
Qi Gong with Paul Nettles
Meditation with Lyndon Marcotte
Yoga Tao with B. Hedrick
You can send the $40 registration via PayPal to email@example.com, or download the Printable Registration Form and mail it in with payment. Space is limited. If you are interested in providing a vegetarian dish to share for lunch, please email us for availability.