We are now live streaming our weekly meditation practice on Facebook. Here’s a link to this week’s practice:
The book study is postponed today due to the holiday weekend. Join us next Sunday at 5pm at Tamp & Grind for Chapter 3 of “No Mud, No Lotus” by Thich Nhat Hanh.
The book study group begins a new book this Sunday, May 22, 2016, No Mud, No Lotus: The Art of Transforming Suffering by Thich Nhat Hanh. Read one chapter during the week and attend the discussion at Tamp & Grind each Sunday afternoon. Free to attend. Join anytime.
Apologies for short notice but meditation is canceled for this evening, Tuesday, May 10, 2016. See you next week.
In light of the festivities this evening, we will dismiss the book study today and resume next Sunday.
From I-49, turn south on Hwy 106 toward St. Landry. Just past St. Landry you will see a CLECO power station on your left. Turn left on the next road on the left which is Spillway Rd. and the entrance to the boat landing and Conference/Meeting Room facility. It is about 1.5 miles down a gravel road. The facility is at the very end of the road. Please note it is on the north side of the lake. It is not in the main campground/arboretum area on the south side of the lake. If you have trouble finding the facility, call Lyndon at (318)229-3811.
What to Bring:
- A Yoga Mat and any props that you like to use
- Please wear comfortable, loose clothes and dress in layers, depending on the weather. We will try to keep a pleasantly warm room.
- We should have enough meditation cushions for everyone registered, but if you like to sit with any particular style of cushion or chair, please bring them. There are only hard chairs in the facility for alternatives.
- Journal or notebook and pen or pencil for a journaling practice
- Hot water, tea, and water provided. If we all brought a mug, that would cut down on paper waste.
- Finally, a vegetarian lunch will be provided. Some have offered to bring a dish to share. You are welcome to bring something to share also, but it is not required. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to bring food.
If you know of someone interested in attending that is not already registered, there are only a few spaces remaining. Email us at email@example.com to let us know they want to come. they can pay via PayPal or bring money the day of the retreat.
It’s going to be a great day! We are excited that you are coming and hope that is a wonderful experience for everyone. See you soon!
January 23, 12 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Local experts and wellness professionals providing FREE blood pressure and blood sugar checks, CPR demonstration, fitness inspiration & more! Enter-to-WIN a fitness prize pack during the event!
We will be part of the health fair. If you’ve been curious about what we do in the community, come by to say ‘hi’ and find out more.