as prepared by Sherry McDaniel Bovey
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, combine quinoa and water. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Place quinoa in a medium bowl.
- Add tomato, shredded spinach, and onion to quinoa; stir to combine. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, and salt. Add to quinoa mixture; toss to coat.
- Makes 4 servings
Note: I tripled the recipe for the retreat.